With the Lockdown 3.0 being extended by the Government of India till 17th of this month as a prevention method to control the spread of COVID-19 the whole country has been painted in Green, Red and Orange colors depending upon the intensity of the spread of this pandemic.
Visakhapatnam being declared as Orange Zone by the Government it has further been divided into 15 contaminated zones including both the buffer zones as well as the 7 red zones according to the number of active COVID-19 cases.
The current listed contaminated zones among the district are:
|Sr.No||Name of Containment Cluster||Vilages/Wards in the cluster|
|5||Santhinagar (NAD Junction)||42P|
|6||Railway New Colony||33|
|8||Kunchamamba colony (Gajuwaka)||60P|
|12||Dandubazar||20, 21P, 27P|
|13||Chengalraopeta||23, 22P, 24|
The permit of movement allowed is Visakhapatnam Except in these contaminated clusters as per the government orders is as follows:
- Movement of individuals and vehicles with a maximum of 2 persons (besides the driver) in four-wheeler vehicles, and with no pillion rider in the case of two-wheelers.
- Manufacturing units of essential goods, including drugs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, their raw materials
- Manufacturing of IT hardware
- Jute industry with staggered shifts and social distancing; and,
- Manufacturing units of packaging material.
- Construction activities limited to in-situ construction (where workers are available on site).
- All standalone (single) shops, neighborhood (colony) shops and shops in residential complexes.
- Food-processing units
- All agriculture activities
- All plantation activities
- All health services (including AYUSH)
- Banks, non-banking finance companies (NBFCs), insurance and capital market activities.
- Public utilities
- Taxis and cab aggregators will be permitted with 1 driver and 1 passenger only
- Barber shops and spas are allowed to function with permitted staff
- liquor shops and paan shops