The Indian Railway Ministry on Wednesday announced a list of 100 pairs of trains that will start operating from June 1.
Popular trains such as Durontos, Sampark Krantis, Jan Shatabdis and Poorva Express will also be brought back into functioning.
Indian Railway considering the pandemic situation initially started the Shramik trains, and then 15 pairs of special IRCTC AC trains connecting Delhi to 15 major cities.
Booking for these 100 trains will commence from 10 am today online.
Indian Railways Train Ticket Booking of and Charting Rules:
1. Tickets can be booked only through IRCTC website or through Mobile App. No tickets can be booked across the reservation counter at any Railway Station. Booking of tickets through ‘agents’, (both IRCTC Agents and Railway Agents) shall not be permitted.
2. The ARP (advance reservation period) shall be maximum 30 days.
3. RAC and Wait list will be generated as per extant rules however waiting list ticket holders will not be permitted to board the train. Only those with a confirmed ticket will be allowed to board the train.
4. No unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued to the passenger and no tickets will be issued on-board to any passenger during the journey.
5. No tatkal and premium tatkal booking facility for these trains.
6. First chart shall be prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure and second chart shall be prepared at least 2 hoursbefore scheduled departure.
General instructions for passengers regarding the new Indian Railways’ trains:
1) Booking of all these 200 trains (100 pairs) will commence from 10 am on 21/05/20.
2) Other regular Passenger services including all mail/express, passenger and suburban services remain cancelled until further notice.
3) There will be no provision of unreserved coach in the train.
4) Only passengers with Confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the Railway station.
5) Screening will be done before boarding and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to enter /board the train.
Cancellation and Refund rules for these trains:
Railway Passengers (Cancellation of Ticket and Refund of Fare) Rules, 2015 shall be applicable.
If during screening any passenger with very high temperature/symptoms of Covid-19 etc., will not be allowed to travel despite having confirmed tickets. In such case full refund shall be provided to passenger as under:-
(i) On PNR having single passenger name.
(ii) On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel and also all other passengers on the same PNR do not want to travel in that case full refund shall be granted for all passengers.
(iii) On a party ticket if one passenger is found unfit to travel however other passengers on the PNR want to travel in that case full refund of fare shall be granted to passenger who was not allowed to travel.