In an incident occurred at Nakkapalle mandal of Visakhapatnam district, a 55 year old man died after he consumed alcohol based sanitizer assuming that it was drinking water.
The deceased consumed sanitizer kept on office table. After certain time he complained about vomiting and other symptoms, and was shifted to Community Health Centre (CHC) at Nakkapalle.
After treatment he was discharged, however later in the night he again complained of vomiting and loose motions. He died while under going treatment after being rushed to Government hospital in Anakapalle.
The deceased was identified as S.Satyanarayana and was working as an attender in Mandal Revenue Office, Nakkapalle.
Inputs from Praveena Varma