With the total cases of COVID-19 reaching 96,429 Government of Indian has extended lockdown till 31st May. The fourth phase of lockdown is imposed from Monday.
However as per the guidelines of Ministry of Home Affairs regarding the lockdown, the centre has given States and Union Territories (UTs) the liberty to categorize Red, Green and Orange zones by taking into considerations of the parameters shared by the Health Ministry.
The zones can be divided as per a district, or a municipal corporation or municipality or even smaller administrative units such as sub-divisions, etc, as per the decision of the States and UTs.
Inside the red and orange zones, containment and buffer zones will be identified by the district administration or the local urban bodies with technical inputs at local level.
Within the containment zones, strict perimeter control shall be maintained, and no movement of persons would be allowed, except for medical emergencies and for acquisition of essential goods and services.
What is not permitted in Lockdown 4.0 throughout the country :
• All domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for security purposes or purposes as permitted by MHA.
• Metro rail services.
• Schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions etc. will remain closed. Online or distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
• Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, except those meant for housing, health, police, Government officials, healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourists and for quarantine facilities; and running of canteens at bus depots, railway stations and airports. Restaurants shall be permitted to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
• All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theaters, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places. Sports complexes and stadiums will be permitted to open; however, spectators will not be allowed.
• All social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions, other gatherings and large congregations.
• All religious places and places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
• Night Curfew shall continue to remain in force on the movement of individuals, for all non-essential activities, between 7 pm and 7 am.
• Vulnerable persons, i.e., persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, shall stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
What is permitted in lockdown 4.0:
• Inter-State movement of passenger vehicles and buses, with mutual consent of the State(s)/ UT(s) involved.
• Intra-State movement of passenger vehicles and buses, as decided by the States and UTs.
• Evacuation of foreign nationals from India, return of stranded Indian nationals from abroad, sign-on and sign-off of Indian seafarers will continue to be allowed.
• Essential and non-essential good shops will be allowed to be open however local authorities should ensure that shops and markets open with staggered timings, so as to ensure social distancing.
• All shops shall also have to ensure six feet distance (2 gaz ki doori) among customers and also not allow more than 5 customers at one time.
• Online/ distance learning shall be permitted and encouraged; and, restaurants will be allowed to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.