in ,

Coupon <br> Inside

Cellphone driving: 40% licences cancelled in Vizag

Cellphone-driving-40%-licences-cancelled-in-Vizag

Are you using a mobile phone as you drive, thinking that even if you get caught, you will get away by paying some fine? Think again, as your driving license will get suspended for such violation of traffic rules now. In Vizag city, 40 percent of the driving licenses suspended during the last year due to using cell phones while driving, overloading or getting involved in fatal road accidents. Rash driving and driving under the influence of liquor resulted in the cancellation of the remaining 60percent of the licenses.

As per the guidelines of a Supreme Court committee, set up to monitor and measure implementation of road safety laws, Andhra Pradesh state government, and Section 206 (4) of the Motor Vehicles Act, traffic violations such as drunken driving, over-speeding, blocking an emergency vehicle, riding a two-wheeler without a helmet, pillion rider not wearing a helmet, will call for the suspension of driving license. After completion of the suspension period, the concerned drivers will have to take part in a training program at the transport department’s office, before the license is handed back.

The Vizag city police have booked as many as 14,38,828 cases against the motorists under MV Act in 2020 and collected a fine of Rs77,65,100 from the violators. However, the police said that there were comparatively much lower traffic violation cases, such as those due to drunken driving, rash driving and others in the city in 2020 as compared to 2019 due to the Covid-19 lockdown and few other reasons.

Speaking to Hello Vizag, ADCP (Traffic), Vizag, Ch Adinarayana said that they had recommended suspension of licenses of over 4,000 traffic violators, who were involved in drunken driving, rash driving and other traffic violations in 2020 to the Regional Transport officials, who then acted on the appeal using their discretion.

Deputy Transport Commissioner, Vizag, GC Raja Ratnam said that they had suspended the driving licenses of 1,386 motorists in 2020. “Besides, rash and negligent driving, drunken driving, using cell phones while driving also led to the cancellation of licenses. Motorists are diverting their attention as they are using cell phones and that is causing road mishaps. So, we are seriously taking the cases of cell phone use while driving,” he said. As per the norms, driving license can be suspended for violating the traffic norms for a period ranging from three months to six months.

Post suspension of the driving license, the offence gets recorded in the RTO’s website and officials will inform the city traffic police. If the motorist’s driving license gets suspended more than two times, the officials have the power to cancel the driving license of the motorist. In most of the cases, the driving licenses of the motorists, who endanger the lives of others with dangerous driving, will be cancelled he said.

#VizagNews #Visakhapatnamnews #breakingnews #latestnewsvizag

CLICK HERE !! To be found on google search engine | Digital marketing in vizag

Get 30% OFF on Dynamic Website Design

30% OFF

Comments

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0
Ward-volunteers-demand-pay-rise-&-job-security-in-Vizag

Ward volunteers demand pay rise & job security in Vizag

Protest-by-MR-college-staff-for-seeking-payment-of-salary-dues

Protest by MR college staff for seeking payment of salary dues