A meeting was held at KGH at the KGH Superintendent’s chamber and the following points were discussed:
1. It is decided to conduct Internal Covid-19 Control Committee meeting on every Saturday in the chambers of Superintendent, KGH, Vsp. Nodal Officer brought to the notice of the committee that 20 Health care workers have been infected with COVID-19 in KGH till today.
2. Dr.B.L.N.Prasad Professor & HOD, General Medical department suggested Community Medicine (SPM) specialist to be posted as COVID-19 Nodal Officer for KGH and AMC. So that physicians can be involved in patient care.
3. For KGH employees who needs covid tests, it should be done at KGH with utmost priority.
4. For all patients at Isolation ward, testing and Covid-19 reporting should be done on top priority and the case should be shifted within 24 hours of admission.
5. In case of positive cases coming up in any Emergency department, the department shall continue normal functioning with adequate sanitation and infection control measures.
6. For the High-risk contacts (Health Care Workers only) of positive cases coming up in KGH, the quarantine should be 14 days with tests being done on day 1 & day 12.
7. Low risk health care workers shall continue to attend their regular duties with adequate PPE after getting negative test reports for COVID-19.
8. To estimate and maintain required PPE kits to working doctors and the other staff.
9. At present around 115 Doctors are on quarantine among which 40 members will join duties on 30.06.2020. Regarding Nurses, 60 members are on quarantine among which around 20 members will join duties on 30.06.2020.