Sri O Naresh Kumar along with Dr D Purandeswari garu met Nitiayog CEO Sri Amitabh Kanth at Delhi and submitted following points on Ease of doing business. CEO responded positively and promised to do needful
Points suggested for ease of doing business:
1)Making GST payable on receiving payment not at the time of raising invoice.
2) Allow input credit of GST from one state to another state payments in view of One nation. One tax.
3) Reduce Penal interest on delayed payments not exceeding bank lending rate. Currently at 18%++ request reduce to 10% to 12%
The penal interest rate may please be implemented in all departments viz., IT, GST, ESI, PF.
4) Cost of doing business to be reduced:
a) Power rates. (Centre sells at Rs.3/- per unit and States are selling at Rs.9/- per unit).
b) State govt payments delays resolution.
5) Arrest provisions to be reviewed for all departments particularly for MSME companies. Local chambers of commerce/ trade bodies to be involved in conciliation proceedings, before arrest is done.
6) Reopening of books of accounts in all departments to be restricted to 3 years. ESI, PF, GST & IT. To be implemented at least for all MSME units.
7) Many assesses are making mistakes in filing of returns and presently there is no facility to revise the return or amend the return, it would be great help to the dealers if the GSTN allow amendment of submitted or filed returns subject to such restrictions and conditions as it may deem fit, It will avoid lot of litigation as department is issuing notices for these clerical errors and consuming huge amount of time for both dealers as well as department. For department this investment of time does not give any revenue as it is just a clerical error.
Also, department should not add to litigation. They should respect appellate orders and not go on appeal to high courts and supreme courts.
8) IT department does not respect high court orders of other states. Request this be implemented where every high court order is respected