Dr D.Purandeswari , BJP national gen secretary met our civil aviation minister Shri Jyothir Aditya Scindhia ji and handed over requests to facilitate more dedicated cargo flights from Visakhapatnam and also to provide incentives, (concessional rates for night landing and parking) for more passenger and cargo flights from Visakhapatnam airport to facilitate early morning and late night flights.
Dr. Purandeswari mentioned the below points in her request letter
1) An international fiber landing station at Visakhapatnam.
This will help the submarine cables coming from Singapore to reduce the bandwidth prices, improve quality and provide more speeds which will help all the Public sector undertakings, in Visakhapatnam and various defences establishments headquartered at Eastern Naval Command Visakhapatnam and also boost IT investments and job creation.
2) A disaster recovery and Data center at Visakhapatnam for NIC.
Earlier this was approved and foundation stone also laid by madam Nirmala Sitaraman, at VSEZ, but remained non starter.
3) A STPI incubation centre with high speed data rendering for promotion of animation, gaming and VFX.
4) An internet exchange was proposed at Visakhapatnam which is the 9th richest city in terms of GDP, but is on hold.
Kindly help with establishment of NIXI (National internet Exchange of India) here at Visakhapatnam. This will also reduce bandwidth costs and improve quality of internet.
5) Establishment of CDAC and Nilet at Visakhapatnam.
These institutions were earlier promised for Visakhapatnam, request your kind support.
These premier institutes will create a good IT eco system and spur IT growth in the new state of Andhra Pradesh.