In a recent online seminar ‘Eat Pretty’ conducted by Dr Sriteja of Skin Med and Anjali Dange, Founder of Starlite Nutrition and Wellness Centre, a few points were discussed for the well-being of everyone.
Anjali Dange who is a chief nutrition consultant shared a few points on nutrition for immunity. She said that one must focus on micronutrients like Zinc, Vitamin C, Iron & Selenium. For Zinc, one can consume pumpkin seeds & cashews. Vitamin C is in amlas, guava, litchis, oranges & sweet lime. Iron from raisins, dates, green leafy vegetables, beetroot. Selenium from sunflower seeds, eggs, fish & chicken.
For Vitamin D, sunlight exposure everyday for 15mims, preferably in the morning is recommended. For Vitamin B12; for non-vegetarians it can be found in all organ meat and for vegetarians- supplements may be necessary, says Anjali.
Dr Sriteja, a renowned dermatologist opined that one should stick to their skincare routine. She suggested to start the day with a nonsoap gentle cleanser and to use the right sunscreen lotion. For glowing skin, one must be well-hydrated. They must have coconut water, buttermilk, water soaked in flax seeds and consume more of Vitamin c rich fruits and vegetables.
Summer skin care tips:-
Like we avoid winter clothes in summer, change your winter skin care creams in summer.
Excessive sweating leads to dehydration causing dry skin,finelines.
1. Hydrate well drink lots of clear fluids. Tea and coffee to be avoided
2. Shower twice a day
3. Wear light coloured clothing
4. Use non foaming facial cleanser
5. Start gel based sunscreen with spf between 30 to 50 & reapply every 2 hours.
6. Avoid steam
7. Use light weight gel based moisturisers
8. Use a lipbalm with spf in it
9. Start hydrating gel at night
10. Remove ur makeup including eyemakeup before you sleep