Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC) releases Guidelines for Medical Personnel to fight against Covid-19. Rapid rise in cases have even led to an increase in contact with the virus among medical personnel who are treating those patients. This led to the need of increasing safety precautions and guidelines in order to avoid the risk of getting contacted with the virus.
Guidelines to be followed by Care-Givers:
1) Clean hands after handling used items.
2) Use triple layer medical mask & disposable gloves while cleaning or handling surfaces, clothing or linen used by the patient.
3) Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) guidelines should be followed while disposing waste ( masks, disposable items, food packets etc).
4) Avoid direct contact with the body fluids of the patient.
5) Use disposable gloves when in patient’s room.
6) Avoid exposure to potentially contaminated items. (avoid sharing cigarettes, utensils, dishes, drinks, used towels and bed linen).
7) Clean utensils used by the patient with soap/detergent & water, wearing gloves. (Utensils may be re-used).
Inputs from Praveena Mandapati