An emergency meeting was conducted on 09.07.2020 at 11:00 AM at the Chambers of the Superintendent, King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam. The following points were discussed and taken decisions by the members.
1. Covid positive patients should be referred to State Covid Hospital (VIMS), District Covid Hospitals GHCCD, Care 2, Pradhama, GITAM, NRI, Gayathri and Indus.
2. In KGH temporary Isolation ward, In-patients number should be restricted.
3. For Chronic Kidney Disease patients who were tested Covid positive initially and later on tested as negative at Private hospitals who admitted them earlier under Dr.Y.S.R.Aarogyasri, those patients should undergo maintenance dialysis their itself.
4. 103 staff nurses and 22 Anesthesia technicians who were joined under Covid-19 special recruitment were sent to VIMS.
5. Separate Isolation facility was created for Covid positive Doctors and Staff Nurses who are working at VIMS, Vsp.
6. For quarantine, OYO could not able to provide rooms for quarantine, hence the committee decided to go MOU with the “New Blue Homes” and the same will be informed to the Principal, Andhra Medical College, and Director of Medical Education, AP., Vijayawda.
Dr.G.Arjuna, Superintendent, Dr.P.V.Sudhakar, Principal, AMC, Dr.K.Satya Varaprasad, Director VIMS, Dr.KVV.Vijay Kumar, Superintendent, GHCCD, Dr.K.Indira Devi, Dy.Superintendent, KGH, Dr.P.Appa Rao, Prof. & HOD Microbiology, Dr.S.Sreenivas, Prof. & HOD General Medicine, KGH, Dr.C.Jayraj Prof. & HOD General Surgery, KGH, Dr.G.Prasad, Prof. & HOD Nephrology, Dr.K.Anji babu, DCSRMO, KGH, Dr.Lakshmi Sowjanya Nodal Officer, Covid-19 KGH, ARMOs Dr.M.Vijay sankar, Dr.Ch.Sadhana, Dr.H.R.K.Dora, Dr.P.Bindhu Madhavi, attended.