The fire mishap that occurred at Visakha Solvents Ltd in Jawaharlal Nehru Pharma City (JNPC), Parawada took life of 40 year old chemist Kandregula Srinivas Rao, a resident of Rebaka village near Anakapalli, who went on duty on night shift.
He used to stay at his sister’s house with his two children after his wife died recently. Teary employees found his charred body among the rubble on Tuesday morning and later identified. Visakha District Collector V Vinay Chand and City Police Chief RK Meena said that the fire mishap took place at the recovery unit of Visakha Solvents Ltd. It may be recalled that there were a series of blasts when samples were being collected from a reactor around 10.30 pm on Monday.