Visakhapatnam railway station has undergone a lot of changes and some new facilities have been provided to facilitate the travelling passengers and for those waiting at the station. With the modern facilities at Visakhapatnam railway station, it has got accolades with cleanest railway station, Safaigiri award , best tourist friendly station in India and many more.
Some of the exciting facilities at Visakhapatnam railway station
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Waltair Division has provided health kiosk at the railway station where passengers can get health checkups.
· As many as 30 tests can be availed at a cost of Rs. 100.
· The health kiosk setup under Non-fare revenue initiative
· A mobile health kiosk- Health on Wheels is also the part of the new initiative which will be available on demand at the platform.
Train journeys for long time can be very exhausting and passengers feel tired in their feet. Taking note of it, Waltair Division provided a Robotic spa on platform no. 1 at the Visakhapatnam railway station. The spa has facilities from a relaxing chair, foot massager and fish pedicure. This allows passengers to relax while they wait for their trains at the station.
· The motto behind such innovative model is to facilitate the esteemed rail customers to spend quality time while waiting for trains.
· Nominal charges collected for availing this facility
· It is developed under Non-fare revenue
PANDEMIC PREVENTIVE GEAR
Railways took several initiatives to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 infection. Among such measures, railway stopped supply of linen in AC coaches. In view of it, Waltair Division provided facility of Pandemic Preventive Gear vending Kiosk at Visakhapatnam railway station to enable passengers to get PPE kits, disposable linen, hand sanitizers, masks etc before they board trains for their journeys. This ensures that passengers travel safely to and fro from Vizag and don’t contract Covid-19.
· This facility is located on platform no. 8.
· It is developed under Non fare Revenue.
· The motto is to encourage passengers to adopt preventive measures to stop spread of pandemic
*AC RELAXING LOUNGE:*
During the waiting for trains’ at the station, passengers feel to have a pleasant atmosphere and some refreshment. Keeping in mind, a new facility of AC relaxing lounge on the line of Airports has been set up at Visakhapatnam Railway Station, under Non-Fare Revenue, for the first time in Indian Railways.
· The facility provided on platform No.8
· The lounge has excellent seating facility with cool atmosphere to accommodate 50 persons
· LED TVs for entertainment
· The entry fee for the bonafide passengers will be Rs 50/- per Two hours
· Passenger will be offered with a Water bottle or a cup of Tea/ Coffee as a complement