As the seasons change, the chances of falling sick rise sharply. It’s difficult for our body to keep the pathogens at bay when the immunity levels are down. Yoga, perhaps, is one of the most effective and time-tested natural immunity boosters that we can adopt for a healthier life.
it is an ancient art that strengthens the body and also relaxes the mind. In a talk with Hello Vizag, Bhagat Singh Thakur from Jila Prabhari Patanjali Yog Samiti, Sagar, MP shares his insights. Let’s have a look at a few simple yoga poses that can help you put up a strong resistance the next time flu season comes around:
1. Bhastrika Pranayama is the process of rapid inhalation and exhalation which gives a boost to the body and hence is aptly called the yogic breath of fire. The benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama are:
• Great for energizing the body and mind.
• Since we maximize our lung capacity while doing it, the pranayama helps remove toxins and impurities.
• It helps in the sinus, bronchitis, and other respiratory issues.
• Improved awareness, perceptive power of senses.
2. When you do pranayama, 80% of the toxins in our body are released through the outgoing breath. Regular practice of Kapal Bhati Pranayama detoxifies all the systems in our body. The benefits are:
• Increases the metabolic rate and aids in weight loss
• Clears the nadis (subtle energy channels)
• Stimulates abdominal organs and thus is extremely useful to those with diabetes
• Improves blood circulation and adds radiance to the face
• Improves digestive tract functioning, absorption, and assimilation of nutrients
• Energizes the nervous system and rejuvenates brain cells
• Calms and uplifts the mind
3. Anulom Vilom, also known as the alternate breathing technique, is excellent for respiratory problems and asthma. It facilitates proper functioning of the lungs, mitigates stress, lifts up your mood and keeps stress at bay. The Benefits of Anulom Vilom are:
• Excellent for respiratory issues like asthma and allergies
• Helps in balancing and relaxing the nervous system
• Helps relieve headaches
• Removes toxins from the body
• Builds up stamina in the lungs
• Reduces stress and keeps anxiety and depression at bay
4. The Bhramari pranayama breathing technique derives its name from the black Indian bee called Bhramari. Bhramari pranayama is effective in instantly calming down the mind. A simple technique, it can be practiced anywhere – at work or home and is an instant option to de-stress yourself. The benefits are as follows:
• Gives instant relief from tension, anger and anxiety. It is a very effective breathing technique for people suffering from hypertension as it calms down the agitated mind.
• Gives relief if you’re feeling hot or have a slight headache
• Helps mitigate migraines.
• Pranayama benefits in Improving concentration and memory
• Builds confidence.
• Pranayama benefits in reducing blood pressure.
• Helps calm the mind in preparation for meditation.
5. Ujjayi Pranayama is one technique that helps calm the mind and warm the body. When practicing Ujjayi, you completely fill your lungs, while slightly contracting your throat, and breathe through your nose.
Apart from Yoga, Bhagat Singh also said that it is essential to boost immunity be eating healthy and staying positive.
CLICK HERE !! To be found on google search engine.