Due to Covid situation, patient attendants, Security guards, Sanitary and Health workers are facing problems at Hospitals. The Akshaya Patra Foundation with the help of donors for the benefit of Patient attendants, Health Workers, night shelter inmates had started Corona food relief activity.
The Akshaya Patra Foundation is having two centralized kitchens in Visakhapatnam
1. Industrial estate, Kancharapalem
2. Gambhiram Village, Anandhapauram
They are sending food to Covid testing centers from 3rd Aug 2020. The programme will continue up to 30th Sep 2020.
Food sending Places from Industrial Estate Kitchen per day 3000 members:
4.Govt Victoria Hospital
5.Govt Chest Hospital
6.Gvmc Night shelters -5 areas
7.Simhachalam Bustand for pilgrims
Food sending places from Gambhiram Kitchen per day 2000 members:
1.Gayatri Medical college Hospital
2.Anandhapuram Primary health center
3.Bhimunipatnam Primary Health center
4.Gambhiram Sc colony
Food cooked at The Akshaya patra Foundation Centralized kitchen at Industrial estate and Gambhiram Kitchens was distributed through their vehicles.
Akshaya Patra reaches out to 18, 00,000 children in 54 kitchens across 12 States & 2 Union Territories of India, providing them with freshly cooked meal on all school days every school working day under Mid Day Meals scheme Association with Govt of India and state Government.
Due to Covid situation all schools are closed. They are using their kitchens for COVID service activity as per Covid safety norms.Donors contact Phone number id Yadhuraja Dasa 9010611108, 8019003108, Covid relief Activity in Visakhapatnam.
The Akshsya patra Foundation Part of The Serve activity Started food distribution at Covid Testing centers, Govt Hospital patient attendants and Night shelters. Food distribution centres at ENT Hospital, Chest Hospital, VIMS Hospital, KGH and 5 Night shelters Run by GVMC. Part of this activity they are distributing 2000 food packets every day from 3rd Aug 2020.
The Akshaya Patra Foundation Conducted following Service activities from March 20 till today:
1. Distributed 20000 meals at Visakhapatnam Covid testing Centers
2. Providing food for GVMC Shelters from 25th March, total meals served 117250
3. Provided food for migrant labour from 15th May to 22nd May 2020. Number of Meals Distributed 26000
4. Providing food for KGH patient attendances from 22nd March. Every Day 700 (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
5. Food provided for LG Polymers gas leakage victims from 7th MAY to 11th MAY 2020, Distributed Meals 32000
6. Dry Ration Kits Distributed to Different places of Visakhapatnam. Total Dry Ration Kits Distributed 30000
CLICK HERE !! To be found on google search engine