It has always been said that kindness is the language which the blind can see and the deaf can hear. With the unexpected outbreak of COVID-19 and declaration of sudden lockdown which is being stretched over a span of about 60 days the most affected stand the migrant workers and the poor.
Motivated by the call of our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri NarendraModiJi to help the poor and needy during this COVID-19 crisis and considering the situation in Visakhapatnam, Shri KaasiViswanatha Raju, MD, Jyothi Group and Shri O Naresh Kumar of Symbiosis Technologies decided to involve themselvesto do their best in making the ends meet of those who lost their livelihooddue to this unforeseen catastrophe.
Lockdown 1 (March 25 to April 14):
1. Distributed 600 Liters of Milk and 1200 Vegetables Packets in 20 days, about 30 Liters of milk per day and 50 Vegetable Packets during Week Days and 100 during Weekends.
2. Provided 100 Tube Lights and 80 Ceiling Fans as well as Medicines worth One Lakh to Central Prison.
3. 3500 Masks and 200 PPE Kits to KGH, Chest Hospital, LV Prasad Eye Hospital, and VIMS with participation from friends as well.
Lockdown 2 (April 15 to May 3, 2020):
1. A Massive #FeedtheNeedy Program covering all the 6 ZONES of GVMC Staff & Food Shelters as well as all the 6 Assembly Constituencies of Visakhapatnam providing 15000 to 18000 Food Packets daily distributed with the help of our BJP party cadres and volunteers, totaling almost 2,85,000 Food Packets during this period of three weeks.
2. In addition to this, we provided over 25,000 Bananas and 25,000 Butter Milk Packets in support of Farming and Dairy Industry as well.
3. Also provided 2000 Hygiene Kits each consisting of one set of Brush & Paste, Shampoo & Soap, Coconut Oil & Comb, Shave Foam & Razor, a well thought basic-need kit, hygienically packed in Pouches.
Lockdown 3 (May 4 to May 17, 2020):
1. LG Polymers Gas Leak Tragedy: Approximately 8,910 Food Packets, 5420 Butter Milk Packets, 800 Glucose Packets and 10500 Drinking Water Packets 1000 Water Bottles distributed for the victims and their attendants in KG Hospital and also to the evacuated/displaced people who were staying around Simhachalam and Gopalpatnam area.
2. Tulsi Plants: Distributing 30,000 Tulsi plants in all the 6 Assembly Constituencies of Visakhapatnam, as it is known for its air purifying and medicinal properties for respiratory disorders, which is important at this time of COVID-19 pandemic that affects the human lungs significantly.
3. Modi Kits Distribution: Distributing 2000 Modi Kits containing 5 Kg Rice and Dal to various NGOs volunteer organisations.
4. Migrants: Distributed 1000 Kg Beat Rice, 400 KgJaggery, 100 Kg Dal, 1000 Packets of 250gof Dates,500 Packets of 100 gGlucose and500 Pain Relief Sprays and 3000 ORS Packets to the helpless Migrant Workers moving out of the Andhra Pradesh by trucks, bikes and by foot to their native places.
All this noble cause was dedicatedly coordinated by Mr. Uday K Patta who has been sincerely devoted to this service since the day one of crises.