Waltair Division of East Coast Railway celebrated 65th Railway Week at Srinivasa Kalyana Mandapam, Visakhapatnam today. The Railway Week is celebrated in commemoration of first run of Train in India in 1853. Divisional Railway Manager, Shri Chetan Kumar Shrivastava was the Chief Guest of the occasion. Smt Shalini Shrivastava, President ECoRWWO; Shri Akshay Saxena ADRM (Infra) & Dr. C. Surya Lakshmi ADRM (operations) are the Guest of Honour.
Addressing the gathering DRM Shri Chetan Kumar said that the Railway Week celebrations provides an opportunity to review the performance of each unit of the Railway to recognize the meritorious services provided by the Officers and Staff of the Railways, who have done commendable work and achieved exceptional results. He complimented the Railway personnel for their progressive attitude and for a valuable contribution. Merit awards were presented to 169 staff for their outstanding performance and Shields to various branches.
During the 65th Railway Week Celebrations at Zonal Level, Waltair Division has bagged the Seven Efficiency Shields for performance in various fields in Accounts, Electrical (Traction), Environment Management, Medical, Operations, Wagon Maintenance and Best Clean Station. Sr.DPO Shri KSN Raju welcomed the gathering. Various cultural events were organised at the venue.The function was witnessed by representatives from Unions, Media personnel, officers and staff adhering to Covid-19 health protocol.
Waltair Division Key Achievements :
• Growth in freight loading of 9.35 % ( LY : 9.5 %) Best ever loading of 48.63 MT
• Growth in passenger traffic by 1.32 % upto Dec 19 ( LY : 3.48 % )
• Growth in Overall earnings by 13.62 % (LY : 11.59 %).
• Best ever earnings of 5903 Cr upto December.
• The Division will achieve 61.00 million tonnes of loading and earn Rs.7433/- Crore of gross revenue (Approx.) during the financial year 2020-21 even after facing many hardships posed by Covid-19 pandemic.
• The Division has achieved best ever interchange of 138.2 trains per day during the current financial year 2020-21 surpassing the previous best of 135.5 trains per day achieved in 2019-21.
• The Division has set up a Business Development Unit (BDU) in the month of July’20 and loaded 885 rakes in the current financial year by reaching out to all freight customers with various freight concession schemes that were introduced by Indian Railways. With this, the Division could achieve 3 million tonnes of loading and Rs. 350/- Crore of freight earnings (Approx) during the year 2020-21.