In an effort to spread awareness on the legal aspects, Milestone (Handicrafts & Women Welfare) Society in association with District Legal Services Authority, Visakhapatnam will be conducting an online ‘Legal awareness programme” for the girl students of Government Polytechnic College Visakhapatnam. The webinar will be organised on August 21 from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
The Chief Guest on the occasion would be K K V Bulikrishna. Secretary, DLSA, and will be hosted by D. Phaneendra Prasad, Principal, Govt Polytechnic College. The event Coordinator will be Dr. N. Chandra Shekhar, Head, Mechanical Engg, GPT.
The Objectives of the awareness programme include:
• To impart practical knowledge about the basic legal rights provided under various women related laws, thereby making them fit to face the challenges in real life situations.
• To make the women aware of the various machineries of the Justice delivery system available for redressed of their problems/grievances.
• The procedure of approaching various channels available for the redresses of grievances i.e. the Police, the Executive and the Judiciary.
• The role of Courts in achieving gender equality, most importantly the concept of PIL
• The role of District Legal Service Authority, Free Legal Aid and also the Lok Adalats.
• To sensitize Women and Girls about their various Rights as provided under the various laws including the Indian Penal Code, 1860; the Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961; the Prevention of Domestic Violence to Women Act, 2005 etc.
CLICK HERE !! To be found on google search engine